PHP Developer – Backend
Experienced. Talented. Savvy – sound like you?
Are you looking to join a thriving creative agency situated in the heart of Sheffield’s Kelham Island area? Somewhere you can grow your skills, and inspire others with your ideas, whilst also being involved with forward thinking brands?
We’re looking for that special someone who can join the studio team at Vivid.
We’re interested in people who are:
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Hard working, passionate, driven and absolutely love what they do
- Hungry to develop their skills and grow with the business
- Comfortable working with continuous change in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Have an enthusiasm to work with clients rather than avoid them
You will be working closely with everyone in the studio, across multiple projects at any one time, have proven experience across commercial projects and working as a core team member. You should be well versed with backend languages including PHP and be comfortable moving from Object Orientated MVC’s to extending CMS’s such as WordPress.
This role at its heart is that of a keen problem solver.
- Proficient in PHP development
- Experience with API development, integration and testing
- Considerable knowledge of MySQL databases
- Experience of different MVC’s and CMS’s (from Laravel and WordPress to Drupal etc)
- Linux server management experience
- Working knowledge of responsive front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to quickly switch context and manage concurrent projects
- A portfolio of functional work examples.
- Knowledge of Git and Bitbucket beyond the basics – pipelines, integrations and more
- Ability or desire to look ahead to newer technologies (JAM Stack, NODE etc)
Other Aspects of the Role
- Ability to explain technical information in a non-technical way
- Strong desire to solve problems or have foresight to flag them up before they are real
- Display an attention to detail in all aspects of work, from scoping to QA and testing
- Willingness to become the champion of the client’s business and goals
- Display confidentiality at all times with regards to Vivid and client business
- Take part in daily stand-up meetings to report activity, progress and issues
- Ability to hit deadlines and work within agreed budgets
- Build and drive your relationship with key contacts in the business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and external partners
Salary: DOE + Benefits
Please email your application, along with any relevant examples of work and a CV to email@example.com